Friday 23 October 2009

Yeovil Carnival

I was reminded that it is now carnival season when I saw a long line of floats heading to Taunton last Saturday.

I used to enjoy the sights on the Yeovil streets as the illuminated floats passed.

The plans for this year have been dashed, lets hope for next year.  The iluminated Carnival seems to be so much of Somerset Tradition. If we want the carnival back in Yeovil we need to support the local organising Committee.

Somerset Carnivals

Motiv8 Carnival Club

1 comment:

  1. Why are Yeovil NOT having a Carnival this year, seems rather odd.
    I remember years ago I "Think " it was Midsomer Norton, they could not have their Carnival on the usual Friday one year and, it was given to Wells, now Wells have the Friday slot every year, could this happen to Yeovil.
    If you know about Carnival lots of towns in the area would like a slot aiming to be a Carnival town, bringing extra income and , in my opinion being on the Carnival Town list.


    Heiko

    ReplyDelete