Friday 6 May 2011

How to make your pc go faster?

Have just heard PCgofaster.com advertised on local radio, there wasn’t much detail, I have tried the website advertised pcgofaster.com, and the page would not load.

I am intrigued to find out more as an IT pro I am always interested in these sort of sites.  My regular customers will be calling to find out more.

Have you experience of this site? Please let me know your views.

There are things which can be done at no cost to speed up a PC, Running an anti virus scan, uninstalling unwanted software, defrag your disk.

If you have vista see how much memory your pc or laptop has, make sure you have at least 1GB or even more.

1 comment:

  1. I got the pcgofaster.com page to load instantly, but I would never reccomend anyone tries any of that stuff unless they know about computers they can do more harm than good, you as an IT pro can and should advise them.
    People have come to me saying they have cleaned up their computer but it does not work at all, they had not made back up disc`s and never had a system disc, so I decided to stop doing anyone`s computer as when I explained that a re-install would be necessary but they would lose everything simply as they had no system disc.
    We have four computers here and thats all I will look after, it really is pointless trying to explain to people it will cost them-not just there memories they have stored but hard cash to buy a copy of windows, YES, they even got rid of the file that makes the back up of the system (Windows)on a brand new computer.
    There is one thing I tried, I have two laptops running Windows 7 with 2GB of memory, so I installed 4Gb of memory 3GB is all windows will see but the other giga byte is not redundent, it goes to the graphics chip, now on the two laptops we have over 1GB of graphics memory.
    Best of luck with you customers and with your IT work.

    Heiko

    ReplyDelete